Choose from our various pricing plans. There is a package for everyone!

A Review by Empire_1 at FM!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Review by Empire_1 at FM!

Post by Mati™ on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:27 am

I want to shear this with all of you, and thank everyone for doing a excellent job.

CSShelp.net

The first thing that pops in mind my as I scroll up and down your homepage is "Wow, what a clean-looking forum!" Initial design was first-rate. I loved the ruler styling the top part of the forum, hinting at the forum's design-related theme. The Navigation bar was excellent and the logo was tasteful and creative, especially with the hover over effect you have going on there. The stitches styling you have that goes around the forum body is great, and is faintly reminiscent of leather. The forum and categories are neatly and pragmatically arranged in a way that is easily navigable and friendly to even the newest members. The tabs at the bottom of the board is ingeniously crafted.
    A clean, cool, and professional look. Wonderful job.

Since I've covered the homepage already in the First Impressions section, I'll leave that out of this part of the review.

Checking through your threads, your profile layout was the same as the forum index - tasteful, simplistic, and professional.
    The post numbering was useful and easy to see, the rank images were good, and the lightly colored warning bars were excellent.
    The only possible changes I can see are the "Quote, Multi-quote, and Post New Topic" buttons. The current ones are standard from Forumotion, and the red-text ones especially don't match very well. Also, there appears to be a bug when I click a user's profile > Statistics > Find all posts. Text is overlapping each other.
    Other than that, I virtually have no complaints, especially with the fine text editor, which corrects some of the bugs found in the standard FM version. The special features and extras crafted with coding were noticed throughout and really gave me a feeling that your board was meticulously created and that you really took the time to create and care for your site.
    I took note of the faint, subtle background pattern of the profiles in the threads also. It's these little things that count and really bring the forum theme together. Members are sure to love the exceptional quality. Excellent!

There wasn't too great a member count (only a mere 78, excluding my test account), but the post count for that amount was fair, 2772. This only works out to about 35 posts per user. As a support forum, be sure to keep rolling out new tech features and tricks to keep members joining and coming back. You have an acceptable amount of connected users since 24 hours. I liked how almost each forum section had new content. This aspect is very important; each section should have new content every day.

The amount of Staff and Usergroups is good. The Staff is active and there aren't too many usergroups; all of them are relevant and contributing to the board. I noticed I could not see the Designers group, since clicking on it redirects to the top of the page. Not sure what's up with that.
    Overall not too bad, and no complaints here.

Your forum exhibits a uniqueness and quality that really makes the forum stand out. The logo is exceptionally distinguishing and the design details of the rest of the site exudes meticulous craftsmanship. Great job!

I think you can find great success, keep up the hard work!

Regards and best of luck,
Empire_1

Mati™
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Version : PhpBB3

View user profile http://fmfocus.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: A Review by Empire_1 at FM!

Post by RSguideMaker on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:32 am

That is awesome! Nice one Matti. You're the main one we should be thanking here. You created the theme, you bought all of us here.
Three cheers for Matti!

Please do not request help via PM! Post on the forums where it can help everyone.
RSguideMaker
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

View user profile http://euanfitzpatrick.co.nf/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Review by Empire_1 at FM!

Post by Dusan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 am

I am the boss Very Happy
Well done CSSHelp Smile
Dusan

Forum Version : PunBB

View user profile http://www.csshelp.net